As of September 1, children entering Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 1 are:
- Pre-Kindergarten 3-year old program must attain the age of 3.
- Pre-Kindergarten 4-year old program must attain the age of 4.
- Kindergarten must be 5 years of age.
- Grade 1 must be 6 years of age, or have successfully completed Kindergarten at an “accredited” public or private school.
Registration for the upcoming school year opens in mid-March. At that time we will be registering both new students and returning students. New Student Checklist:
- The New Student Registration Fee (non-refundable) is due at this time, along with the birth certificate, baptismal certificate (if baptized), most recent report card or progress report (if transferring), FCAT or standardized test scores, a Florida physical form, and the Florida HRS immunization form.
- Arrange a family (with your child) interview with the Principal
- If a Catholic family is registering to pay tuition as an “active parishioner” they must meet with the Pastor from St. Joseph or Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church to obtain a letter of financial support (subsidy). There are deadlines for this subsidy support.
- A new student who has been awarded a state-funded McKay Scholarship must first arrange a meeting with the School’s Student Services Director before application can be accepted. At that meeting, the following will be reviewed:
- The McKay Scholarship award letter from the state
- The current Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan
- Two years of previous report cards
- FCAT or standardized test scores
- A Psychological/Data Analysis Report and the social history (if applicable)
- Incoming students may be tested in Math, Essay or Reading Comprehension
Re-Registration of Current Student Body
In order to re-register, all school debts must be paid in full, all service hour requirements for the current school year must be fulfilled, and if paying the discounted Category I tuition rate, all Church obligations met. A non-refundable, per student registration fee is due when you re-register. Any student, who withdraws from the School as a matter of parental choice, or for reasons deemed to be unacceptable to the administration, will not be refunded tuition, registration or instructional fees and will not be readmitted.
The administration reserves the right to assign students to classes within a particular grade. Any questions or concerns must be addressed to the Principal.
All children entering St. Joseph Catholic School are subject to the policies and regulations of the School and the Diocese of Orlando. The School is accredited by the Florida Catholic Conference and adheres strictly to the State of Florida’s policies on age requirements and absenteeism. St. Joseph does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admission policies, financial aid and loan programs, athletic programs and other school programs.